Momentum Skills prides itself on putting people at the centre of everything that we do. It’s important that our staff share our values and that’s why we recruit people who will go the extra mile for the people we support.
Our staff members participate in regular team and supervision meetings which enable communication, transfer of good practice, continual professional development and service enhancement.
Job Coach (FSS)
MOMENTUM Scotland is a national not-for-profit organisation working in partnership to enable and empower disabled and excluded people throughout Scotland to identify and achieve their goals.
Job Coach (Fair Start Scotland)
Salary – circa £24k
Full Time 36.5 hours per week 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
Location – Inverness
We have a vacancy for a Job Coach to help deliver employability support to individuals who face a wide range of barriers to employment, through the Fair Start Scotland service The successful candidate will have experience of supporting individuals to overcome barriers to employment and who require support to help find and sustain employment.
The successful candidate will cover the Inverness area, and should have experience of;
• Working with disadvantaged and/or disabled people accessing employment focused programmes.
• Undertaking job search activities, confidence building, and training were appropriate, tailoring this support to the individual on a 1-2-1 basis as well as through group activity.
• Ability to evidence and demonstrate success when working to targets.
• Good understanding of the local and national labour market
• Ability to develop knowledge and source participant opportunities by engaging within community networks and employers.
• Good presentation skills, presenting to groups and running workshops /information sessions is an essential requirement. This role requires an effective communicator who has confidence to deal with people/organisations at all levels.
• Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results.
• Ability to problem solve and respond appropriately to a variety of situations both at the pre-employment stage of a relationship with an employer/participant and also when managing in work support for sustainable outcomes.
• Working to ensure all funder expectations for quality and compliance are achieved including data input and file completion
• Delivering an exceptional customer service experience to individuals accessing the service.
It is desirable that the post holder should be qualified to HNC, (SCQF Level 7), however relevant experience will be considered of greater weight. A full driving licence is essential.
Please submit your CV to apply for this post to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for submission of CV’s is noon on Friday 7th February 2020
Interviews are expected to take place the week commencing Monday 10th February 2020
The successful applicant will be subject to a PVG check before taking up this post