Momentum Skills prides itself on putting people at the centre of everything that we do. It’s important that our staff share our values and that’s why we recruit people who will go the extra mile for the people we support.
Our staff members participate in regular team and supervision meetings which enable communication, transfer of good practice, continual professional development and service enhancement.
MOMENTUM Scotland is a national not-for-profit organisation working in partnership to enable and empower disabled and excluded people throughout Scotland to identify and achieve their goals.
Occupational Therapist (Bridging Service)
Fixed term until June 2020. Part Time, 36.5 hrs per week
Salary circa £28k p.a.
Location – Glasgow.
We have vacancy for an Occupational Therapist within our Bridging Service based in Glasgow. The post-holder will be required to provide an effective occupational therapy/job coaching service to clients participating in the employment programme, and to enable them to obtain and sustain employment. They will also be expected to assess vocational needs and goals to provide workplace assessments and support. Through liaison work with employers/placement providers the post-holder will also maximise employment opportunities for clients so that they are able to participate in the open labour market.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
• Carrying out detailed assessments to determine client’s current physical and mental health barriers, their motivation to work and their work and/or volunteering history.
• Creating support action plans to enable clients to overcome the barriers that are stopping them from working.
• Providing condition specific information and condition management – Provide basic psychological support – cognitive behavioural therapy, motivational interviewing, brief interventions.
• Delivering group work discussing vocational readiness, managing mental health and building positive routines.
• Liaising with potential work placements, and employers to identify potential opportunities, and provide support and advice where required.
• Provide in-work support – providing guidance on equipment that may be beneficial in-work, liaise with employers with the persons consent.
A relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy is required. (Knowledge / experience of client group desirable). Driving license is desirable.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’S AS PART OF OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. For a job description, and application form, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for completed applications is noon on Tuesday 26th November 2019
Interviews are expected to take place wk commencing Monday 2nd December.
Successful applicants will require PVG membership.
Scottish charity no: SC004328